Welcome to Safe home building inspections Melbourne
After 14 years we have worked out what people want - what major defects are present, what safety hazards exist, what needs to be fixed right away, what can wait and what sort of costs are involved. The combined Building and pest Inspection is the most popular, giving you absolute peace of mind in relation to both defects and termite issues. The inspection report can range from 80-110 pages with color photographs - too many to read you may think but photographs of defects are included and take up a lot of space but at the same time photos make it easy for you to understand. The Inspection Report is emailed to you on the day and we're up to 11 p.m to talk you through it. You might think we're a tad mad working these hours but we prefer it this way because we know it is very difficult to sit back and go through a report with someone the next day when we are under a house. Ready to go ahead and book, just click here.
This is our scary inspection because termites are so damn hard to find if there is not clear access under a house which is common in some Melbourne homes. Please don't make the mistake that some of our callers make and think termites do not infest brick homes built on slabs. Where there's timber there can be termites - floor boards, joists, bearers and stumps, timber framing behind the wall, skirting boards, window frames, roof frames and door frames can all be eaten by these nasty critters. Some suburbs are more termite prone than others, but we've found them in just about every suburb over the years. At some termite inspections we have seen rectification costs range from $3000 to $450,000 so its plain common sense to get this done.
Handover inspection are carried out on new homes just completed, normally prior to making the final payment. The handover inspections are based on approximately 800 defects that are listed in the Guide to Standards and Tolerances 2015. These are complicated as there are items a builder has to fix and some he doesn't. For example some defects are not defects if they can only be seen from less than 1.5 meters. Once we have finished the handover inspection, you will be able confidently approach your builder with a detailed report of defects with photographs cross referenced to the Guide to Standards and Tolerances and the National Construction Code.
Building and pest inspections in Melbourne
We have been around for over 14 years and know what house buyers want to know - what is major, what needs to be fixed ASAP, what can be fixed later and what's it all going to cost. This is what we would like to know if buying a home and this is why we provide extremely detailed reports with photographs than can be up to 100 pages in length and why we stay on the phone up until 11 p.m. each night to assist you. You don't talk to a receptionist, you talk to the inspector on his mobile and we don't close at 5 pm. Please read below points to give you some idea of who we are and how we help you.
- 14 Years experience conducting Pre-purchase Building Inspections.
- Qualified Building Inspectors - Diploma of Building Surveying is required to be a qualified building inspector.
- Experience of over 10,000 inspections.
- Fully qualified Building Inspector and Building Surveyor who can assist in any building permit applications, 137B own builder defect reports, illegal works assistance and the like.
- We can do mandatory Stage inspections which not even a builder can do.
- We are fully insured with $1,000,000.00 professional indemnity insurance.
- We have never had an insurance claim.
- We offer unlimited and free consultation to help you through the process.
- We inspect for over 1000 potential defects.
- You can speak to the actual Building Inspector up until 11 pm to clarify findings.
- Building Inspection Reports are emailed to you on the same day.
- We are members of the renowned Master Builders Association of Victoria.
- We are members of the Australian Institute of Building Surveyors.
- We won a 2015 Investors Choice award and the APAC Business Award for best building inspection company in Melbourne.
- We were engaged to put together a full defects list for an inspection application being used around the world today.
- Our Services are requested by the majority Melbourne’s leading lawyers, conveyancers, buyer’s advocates, mortgage brokers and banks.
IS YOUR INSPECTOR A QUALIFIED BUILDING INSPECTOR
To be a qualified building inspectors one must have completed a Degree or Diploma of Building Surveying or Advanced Diploma of Building Surveying. This extensive course is aimed at identifying defects and non-compliant building works by builders and tradespersons, issuing building permits, conducting mandatory constructions stage inspections, 137B defects reports and the like. Unless your inspector has completed this degree of diploma, he can not claim to be a qualified building inspector as per the Building Act 1993.
ARE ALL HOUSE INSPECTORS QUALIFIED?
The simple answer is No. To conduct pre-purchase building inspections you don't have to have any experience of qualifications. It is an unregulated environment and we've been pushing to have it regulated so people conducting house inspections have some tertiary qualification.
TO BUY OR NOT TO BUY?
It's big decision to buy a home and also a big a decision to find a building inspector who knows what he is doing, is qualified, experienced and fully insured. All homes will have problems, whether new or old, built on stumps or on a slab. The aim is to have an inspector that is able to tell you what needs fixing straight away, what can wait and what are potential costs to have these issues rectified. We have had vendors contact us that had an inspection by other companies done on their home for people thinking about buying their home as the owners were concerned by the report results. Many times defects stated in these inspection reports as major structural defects were not structural issues at all. The wrong information supplied to their clients meant they were walking away from a home that had no structural issues at all.
WHAT'S IT ALL COST
Costs vary from business to business. Fees for a building and pest inspection in Melbourne can range from $400 to $900. We have done our homework and a fully aware that the cheaper fees and normally associated with new start up businesses or persons who are not qualified building inspectors. There is a saying in the building industry which is very true - "If you think a professional is expensive, then wait until you hire an amateur" Our fees can be found on the Cost page.